At Numurkah Secondary College VCAL students attend school 3 days per week (Monday,Tuesday & Friday).
- Is the 'VETis' Day
- The majority of our students attend the TEC in Shepparton (a division of GOTAFE) where they study their chosen VETis course (eg. Automotive, Plumbing, Beauty).
- Others attend VETis Engineering or Hospitality at Numurkah.
- Some students elect an online VETis course (eg. Animal Studies) and study from home.
- A handful of VCAL students secure a School Based Apprenticeship - and will work one (or two) days with their host employer.
- Thursday is a work placement day. Students secure work (either paid or volunteer) in the local area. This helps to build their employability skills and is an essential component of the VCAL Qualification.
- To assist with locating a placement students can try the SWL Portal here: http://workplacements.education.vic.gov.au/llens/gmllen/